Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Mazinger Z Roughs

My first attempt at my Mazinger Z piece. He's using his double rocket  punch attack. But I wasn't feeling it... 

...so I made a second sketch with a more dynamic pose but I still didn't quite like it.

For my third attempt I tried a different special move, which is Mazinger Z's  Breast Fire. But instead of drawing the beams, I thought it'd be interesting to just see him about to fire it with all the laser build-up. 

Check out the final piece in my deviantArt page.

Mazinger Z © Go Nagai

2 comments:

SpeedStriker said...

WHY IS THIS THE ONLY COMMENT HERE?

These dynamic takes on the classics attacks look simply brilliant!

markcer181203 said...

Wow, that's a great talent, you can actually create a real robot now so I could buy it, to add to my Mazinger Chogokin collections which I usually buy online at Private Import Japan Keep up the good work.