Thursday, December 16, 2010

Daily Sketch Challenge Two'fer- Jonny Quest and Tom Welling



Jonny Quest (Photoshop 30 mins) , titular character of the classic Hanna-Barbera cartoon: Jonny Quest and Tom Welling (Photoshop 25 Mins), an actor portraying Clark Kent/ Superman(?) from the TV show: Smallville.

Johnny Quest © Hanna-Barbera Productions

Tom Welling © Tom Welling

Hanged out with my friend again today to Monster Hunter it up. Such a damn addictive game. My PSP analog stick got stuck in the downward position but I fixed it, thank Poseidon, I would go crazy if I can't play Monster Hunter is what I feel like. I wonder what makes it so addicting, the Graphics aren't that great, the storyline is...what storyline? Well I guess to answer my own question, it's probably the combination of gameplay mechanics and the social factor. Sure you can trudge around with a Greatsword in hand throughout the land of Monster Hunter alone, but one is a lonely number, it's when you're out hunting with 3 of your friends is when the game shines. We are of course playing the Japanese version at the moment since the US localized game will probably not be out until August next year, but I'm actually proud to say I can decipher SOME of the hiragana and katakana and make sense of some of the menu text, the Kanji however is a different story. I was actually spending some time looking up translations for it and I was like "Screw this, I'd rather be killing stuff." so I did.

No comments: