Friday, January 14, 2011

Kazuya Mishima Work In Progress

Mah arm!!!
Kazuya Mishima from Namco's fighting game series Tekken and winner of my "Furious Fathers" poll in my DeviantArt. He was the protagonist of the first Tekken game. His primary costume was a lack of shirt and torn up karate pants which I think made people write him off as another mysterious wandering warrior archetype. But when one dives more into the personality and drive of Kazuya as a character, there's more to him than just being some mass produced Ryu wanna-be. Kazuya as a character underwent quite a journey since his inception as he started out as a protagonist, then into an antagonist, then into an anti-hero. His father, Heihachi threw him off a cliff when he was a child, proclaiming that a true Mishima would climb back up. Kazuya barely survives and makes a deal with the devil. Years pass and father and son finally have their fated duel resulting with Kazuya gaining the upper hand and finally taking over his father's company. The devil gene which had remained dormant since he was a child soon rears its ugly head and all shit breaks loose. At one point he conceived a son with Jun Kazama thus making him a furious father.

I really like his tuxedo outfit from Tekken 2 (I think) so I decided to go with that design. I see him as someone who is ruthlessly efficient, no hoity-toity fancy fighting moves (though he kinda has some), just moves that will fuck your shit up so I decided to pose him simply standing and letting the Devil within him do its thing.

No comments: