Friday, January 21, 2011

Sinbad And The Wizard's Heart Assignment 1

I have a sword in my arm! Also, your spleen. 
I'm cute, sassy, and capable of exploding your heart with a single touch!
Derp?!
So it's 6am, Jennie is probably about to wake up and here I am at the end of my assignment for my Drawing for Animation II class. We were tasked on creating characters from a treatment of "Sinbad And The Wizard's Heart". At first my initial designs we're pretty close to the material, but then I watched the trailer to Deus Ex: Human Revolution for the 200th time and I said to myself, "You know what this Sinbad story need? F-ing bio-mechanical arms that have swords in them!" And lo you see with your eyes the awesomeness that I created. Beard. Check. Hairy chest. Check. F-ing Bio-mechanical arm with retractable blade. Check! Check! Check! I was also listening to the Overclock Remix of Xenogears music while watching Rob Duenas, one of my favorite artists do a livestream, so I was basically running on creativity. I decided to place this story in the far FAR FAAAR future where technological stuffs like gadgets and such are regarded as ancient relics submerged in a great flood. Sinbad the Sailor had humble beginnings but ended up becoming wealthy and influencial due to his business, and his business is going out to sea and retrieving these ancient relics. It may be a little cliche but I just couldn't help myself, I just saw the Deus EX trailer and been listening to Xenogears music, can you really blame me. I should sleep...*totters off*

No comments: